What is construction law?NdivhuwoMamukhwana
- Construction law is the law which regulates construction projects. In this regard, the construction contracts that are predominantly entered into are: –
- The Joint Building Contracts Committee contracts;
- The General Conditions of Contract for Construction Works;
- The New Engineering Contract 3 and 4; and
- Fédération Internationale Des Ingénieurs-Conseils known as FIDIC contracts.
- Within realm of construction, there are various disputes that can arise due to the nature of the work. The contracts in respect of each matter govern the way in which the matter is handled. The general contracts are aimed at balancing the interests of the employer and the contractor while mitigating the risks associated within the works for either party.